We are an Accounting, Tax Preparation
and Payroll Management Firm
Now that tax season is here, it is important you consult a professional in this field. Not only will we answer all your questions, but will also help you manage your finances in a tax compliant and efficient manner. We prepare from the most basic personal income to corporations, gift, trust, estate, and foreign entity income tax returns. Contact our team and get a free consultation today!
We also represent you before the IRS at all levels, including examinations, collections, appeals, and even criminal prosecution before special IRS agents. We handle all types of cases including business income, estate, employment, and branch profits tax disputes. We also handle all matters related to the State of Florida, including sales, use and excise tax matters.
In order to make sound decisions, every business needs accurate, timely and reliable financial information. Hiring Accounting and Bookkeeping Services is a priority in keeping a good track of your finances. This can be very difficult and time consuming for individuals, businesses, trusts, and estates of every type.
Payroll management is a very delicate and complicated task that is very difficult to master. However this is something most businesses are required to do. When maintaining an internal payroll department is not cost-effective, your best alternative is to outsource.
We take care of everything your payroll needs including every report, direct deposit to employees, tax payments and fringe benefit maintenance. However if you would like to keep your payroll in-house we can also provide you the necessary support to make it a success.
About our Head Accountant
Alvaro "Al" Acevedo is our managing partner. He is an authorized Tax Agent of the Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) and is an authorized E-File provider by the IRS. He is a Certified Public Accountant from the Florida International University in Miami, holds a Juris Doctor Diploma from the Nova Southeastern University and a Diploma in Comparative Taxes from the Harvard University. He is licensed at the federal level to represent before the IRS and the Federal Tax Court.
For more than 10 years Al has been representing domestic and international Corporations, LLCs, Estates, Trusts, Individuals, Non-Profit Entities, and Partnerships before the United States Government at the Examination, Collections, Appeals, and Criminal Investigation divisions. His practice areas are Tax (Including International), Business and Immigration Law. His native languages are Spanish and English, and he is also fluent in Portuguese.
Alvaro Acevedo Esq, E.A., CPA.
Born in Bogota, Colombia, Al serves international and domestic clients in all their business endeavors.
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Post-Doctoral Certificate in International Taxation
- Harvard University
- Comparative Tax Policy & Administration
- National Tax Practice Institute
- Fellowship in Tax Representation
- Nova Southeastern University College of Law
- Juris Doctor (Doctor of Law)
- Florida International University School of Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Florida Bar
- Attorney at Law - Florida
- Certified Public Accountant – Massachusetts and Delaware
- Enrolled Agent – United States- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Certified Tax Resolution Specialist - American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- United States Tax Court
- United States Immigration Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal Appellate Court for the 11th Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITIONS & AWARDS
- 2017 Corporate Vision Magazine: Attorney of the Year
- 2016 Negocios (Business) Magazine: Most Recognized Attorney in South Florida
- 2015 International Judicial Centre: Attorney of the Year
In 2010 and in 2012 Acevedo & Associates LLP was recognized as a top 100 minority business by the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. The award ceremony was sponsored among others by Bank of America, and Florida International University, and is considered among the most important recognition for a minority business operating in the greater Miami area.
STAY UPDATED, News & Deadlines:
- Feb 20, 2018 Treasury Proposes To Strike Nearly 300 Tax Regulations Feb 20, 2018
- Feb 19, 2018 New Tax Scam Methods: "Erroneous Tax Refunds" Feb 19, 2018
- Feb 15, 2018 If you are calling the IRS, be prepared to verify your identity Feb 15, 2018
- Feb 14, 2018 Tracking your Refund Feb 14, 2018
- Feb 12, 2018 Five Things To Know About Identity Theft (Forbes) Feb 12, 2018
- Feb 6, 2018 ITIN RENEWALS Feb 6, 2018
- Dec 21, 2017 Strong Passwords Help Keep Tax Data Safe Dec 21, 2017
- Dec 20, 2017 The Changes that the new Tax Reform will have on Payroll Management Dec 20, 2017
- Dec 19, 2017 Resources on IRS.gov Help Taxpayers Get Ready to File Taxes Dec 19, 2017
☎ +1 (305) 204-9545
☎ +1 (305) 204-9545
1395 BRICKELL AVE, 8TH FLOOR BRICKELL ARCH BUILDING
MIAMI, FL 33131
☎ +57 (1) 4329194
CALLE 146 # 7 - 64
M-F 8AM – 5PM