With the April 15 tax-filing deadline still months away, it may seem early to consider taxes, but when it comes to reducing your tax bill, starting early makes eminent sense. Too often tax planning is delayed until very late in the year or until we complete our tax returns. By then it is often too late to take corrective action.
Get Ready for 2018's Tax Season!
With the tax filing season right around the corner, the IRS encourages taxpayers to visit IRS.gov for tax tools and resources. Taxpayers can resolve nearly every tax issue on the IRS website.
IRS.gov provides many self-service tools and features, including these six:
- Take Steps Now for Filing Season. This page features information on what taxpayers can do today to get ready to file their taxes in 2018.
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number page. This page on IRS.gov features information for people needing assistance with an expiring ITIN.
- Let Us Help You. This page features online tools and resources related to:
- Forms, Instructions and Publications. Taxpayers can download and view tax forms, publications and instructions from the current and prior years. People with disabilities can also find accessible versions.
- Where’s My Refund. Taxpayers can check the status of their refund.
- Payment Options. Find out more about how to pay taxes owed.
- Understanding Your IRS Notice or Letter page. This page has answers to many questions related to IRS notices and letters.
Taken from https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/resources-on-irsgov-help-taxpayers-get-ready-to-file-taxes